Send emails as attachments in Gmail
You can now attach emails to other emails in Gmail without downloading them first.
|Another way to insert emails in a new thread is to select the emails and then from the overflow (three-dot) menu select “Forward as attachment”.|
|To reply to an existing thread, you can pop-out the compose window and then drag and drop emails to it.|
Why you’d use it
How to get started
- Admins: No action required.
- End users: You’ll know this feature is available to you when you see the “Forward as attachment” option in the three-dot More menu. Follow the steps in this Help Center article.
- The attached email becomes a .eml file.
- You can attach as many emails as you’d like.
- When you click on a .eml email attachment, it will open in a new window.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on December 9th, 2019
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 6, 2020
- Available to all G Suite editions
- This feature will be ON by default.
Stay up to date with G Suite launches