Manage Windows 10 devices through the G Suite Admin console
We’re enabling enhanced desktop security for Windows with a new beta. This will allow you to manage and secure Windows 10 devices through the Admin console, just as you do for Android, iOS, Chrome, and Jamboard devices today. It will also enable SSO so users can more easily access G Suite and other SSO-enabled applications on Windows 10 devices.
With these new controls G Suite admins can:
- Enable their organization to use existing G Suite account credentials to login to Windows 10 devices, and easily access apps and services with SSO
- Protect user accounts with anti-phishing, anti-hijacking, and suspicious login detection technologies
- Ensure that all Windows 10 devices used to access G Suite are updated, secure, and within compliance
- Perform admin actions, such as wiping a device and pushing device configuration updates, to Windows 10 devices from the cloud without specific network requirements
Why you’d use it
Automatic device registration, the ability to secure all of your devices in a single Admin console, and cloud-based policy and device configuration deployment will simplify device management and security for your organization. Additionally, the ability to remotely wipe devices can help increase your organization’s data security.
Additionally, this makes life easier for users by reducing the hurdles and logins needed to access applications and get work done. Users need to log in just once to their Windows 10 device using their G Suite login credentials, and they’ll be able to access Google apps and any other enterprise cloud applications with SSO enabled without further logins.
How to get started
- Admins: Learn more and sign up for the beta here.
- End users: No action required until admins activate the beta.
Set policies, push configurations to devices, and wipe devices as needed
Admins can deploy policies and device configuration updates from the cloud, removing any network or other restraints for installing these updates on user devices. Policies and updates that can be applied by admins include BitLocker, Windows Update, and desktop customization. Additionally, admins can block or wipe devices if needed from the device page in the Admin console.
G Suite editions
- Available to G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite for Education, G Suite for Nonprofits, and Cloud Identity Free customers
Beta sign up
Find more information and sign up for the beta here.
Powered by WPeMatico